Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Twenty-third Psalm Major Domo, Reserve me a Table for Two

I must say, it feels really good to be back in the desert after spending the summer out East... 
  I thought it would be fitting to follow Jeanette out to California along the Gee Ay Ar.

 But I did have to make a slight detour to Lebanon, Kansas, to see the exact center of the continental United States.  Worth it?  Worth it.

 Then, from Denver, Katherine and I made a trip to ROMO, where we almost got waylaid by a herd of elk.


 From the mile-high city to two-hundred eighty feet below sea level: Badwater Basin, Death Valley, California.  Summer temperatures routinely reach one-twenty here, but it's still chilly in January.

 When Jeanette's not adventuring, she travels back to 1939 for her job at Scotty's Castle.

Ah, the mysteries of the desert.  

No comments: