Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Spiders, Why Did it Have to be Spiders (and Also, Snakes)

Now, I've lived amongst the grizzlies in the frozen Northland, I've slept with scorpions in the desert, and I've seen the dragons of the malarial isles, but nowhere else have I found such inhospitable wildlife as in the hospitality state.  Name a kingdom, phylum, and order and I'll name something from southern Mississippi that will try to kill you.

Can you see the rattler?  Then you've got better eyes than I do.  You can bet I was a lot more careful where I stepped after that.

After months of frustrated longing, I finally got to cross the old 80 bridge into Louisiana, first on my bike...

And then with the Belle of the Bends herself.

Everybody else seemed to be in a hurry.  I'm not sure we ever figured out what that was about.

No comments: